Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Letter to My Friend in Heaven


A Letter to My Friend in Heaven

Dear J.Y.,
Hey, J.Y..
It's already been a year
Since you jumped out of that apartment window at night.
I cried a lot when I first heard the news.
You just couldn't bear your destiny of
Having to compete with your friends,
Having to be compared to your siblings, and
Having to let your grades be more important than everything, right?
I understand how you would have felt.
You just wanted to enjoy life at school with your friends,
Be respected as a person, and
Be in harmony with your family.
I totally understand you.
But, your choice was the most foolish one a person could make.
You should have shared your anxiety with other people,
Rather than suffer by yourself.
There are more people than you think
Whom you can rely on when you have a hard time.

I'm very angry at you,
But if that was the best choice you could think of,
Then maybe I should pray that you don't regret it, right?
I wish you are happy right now.
However, I, and other friends of yours,
Will engrave in our minds that
We will never let this tragedy happen again.
I already miss you a lot, but I have to say goodbye now.
Bye, my friend. I will never forget pleasant memories I shared with you.

Sincerely,

William Park

No comments:

Post a Comment