Sunday, October 7, 2012

Samsung Lions V6!!!



Congratulations!
Samsung Lions V6





Samsung Lions
my favorite baseball team in Korea, won the 2012 pennant race for the sixth time, and two times in a row. Samsung Lions does not have many star players, but many baseball experts say its cooperation and communication skills among players and coaches are superior to those of any other seven teams. Without star players, every single player successfully accomplishes what he has to do and nobody shows off his achievement or ability. The media does not focus on particular players but all of them, so no one feels isolated or frustrated. 

Although Samsung Lions has been a powerful team since the advent of professional baseball league in Korea in 1982, it has only won six times. So on average, it only won once five years. This record shows how difficult it is for one team to win the pennant race twice in a row. And it's such a coincidence that Samsung Lions did so while I was away studying in Canada. I usually watch highlights of the baseball games almost everyday after school, and whenever I see my favorite team fighting well in harsh competition, I feel hope that I can achieve my goal, too, if I try hard like baseball players. Watching Samsung Lions play was especially helpful when I first came here, which is when I had great difficulties getting used to different culture and language. To me, baseball is not only entertainment but also a hope that keeps encouraging me to work harder. 

But, the season has not ended yet. Though most experts believe that Samsung Lions will be the final winner of this year, Post Season is waiting for the team, and no one knows how the season will end up. Whichever team that wins PO will finally compete with Samsung Lions, and the winner of Korea Series will be the true winner. The first game starts at Oct. 24.

Regardless of the results, the season will end in a month. Now, I have to think of another activity that will entertain me until the next season starts (next April), but I'm not sure if there is anything that I can be obsessed with as much as I am with baseball. :P




No comments:

Post a Comment